Several Support groups meet at Grace Church on an ongoing basis.
- AA (men) – Wednesdays from Noon to 1pm, usually in Grace Hall
- Survivors of Suicide – 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month at 7:30 pm in the Library (Support Website)
- Mindfulness Group – 1st Monday each month at 7 pm in the Senior High Youth Room
- Women’s Centering Prayer and Meditation – most Wednesday mornings at 10:15 am in the Library. We alternate two techniques: Centering Prayer and Guided Meditation.
- Centering Prayer was developed by Thomas Keating, a Catholic abbot, in the 1970’s. It is a popular method of contemplative prayers, also called Christian meditation, with a strong emphasis on interior silence.
- Meditation was brought to America in the late 19th century by Swami Vivekandanda. In fact, all American yoga and meditation practices can be traced back to him. In Guided Meditation, the facilitator helps the individual focus on the topic.
You do not have to have ever attended the meditation class, nor had any experience. Please consider joining us some Wednesday. Everyone is welcome!
- Graceful Hikers – Several times each year, there is an opportunity to join other members of Grace Church on a local hike for a few hours. Our hikes are generally to local trails, and give everyone the opportunity to enjoy being outdoors in nature. Additionally, we have expanded to include local day trips. Our most recent day trip was to the Cloisters.
- Mindfulness Group – Mindfulness for Adults – 1st Monday of each month at 7 pm in the Senior High Youth Room. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is a clinically proven program that helps people deal with daily life stresses. By focusing on the present moment, people can enjoy life more. By getting out of automatic pilot mode, people have the freedom to look at a situation differently, and choose a more deliberate response.